It’s not every now and then we get to join contests like these in the industry. When I heard about the contest I was initially hesitant. Why? Was it because I was scared? Was it because I was nervous? Surely anyone who enters any form of competition has that feeling of nervousness. I was nervous because I didn’t know who I was going compete with and of course, nervous if I’ll even get through the Top 3. Little did I know, not only did our video get to top 3, we achieved the Grand Prize title of the competition! And that in itself is an achievement that we will cherish forever.
Of course, we wouldn’t have achieved this without the help of the following people:
- The organizers of WPPP (Wedding and Portrait Photographers of the Philippines) Photo and Video Congress along with Canon Marketing Philippines for the opportunity you gave wedding videographers to participate in this contest;
- Our couple from the video, Izza and Gilbert for trusting us with your special event. Without your trust and confidence in our service, we would not have this amazing emotional piece that garnered us this award.
- My family for all the support especially to my parents, my brother, Mike and his wife, Myla of Mike and Mai Photography for being with us in almost every project this year. Mom, Dad thank you so much for all the support, this award is for you. For your patience and love for me proves that it’s never too late for anything.
- The team I worked with for this amazing wedding: Gary Sta. Cruz the details shooter, Dyna Fidel for assisting us and working with the lights, Ace and Rona as support shooters with amazing skill, Phoebe Rutaquio for the candid shoots and Kuya Efren for being the amazing driver for transporting us here, there and everywhere.
- My girlfriend, my partner, my source of inspiration and love, Cristine Asiatico for everything. Miel, thank you for all the patience and understanding you have gone through and for loving me despite me being too busy with work. This is it Miel, this is for us!
- To God for the grace and blessings He has bestowed upon us all.
- To all of our past,future and current clients. Your trust and confidence in our services is what drives us to believe that we got what it takes to achieve more than we imagined.
I’d like to dedicate this award to my Grandma, my Lola, Mama Rosing. Mama, this award is for you as a small representation of your loving legacy that you have left with us all. It is your love and kindness that taught me that you should not seek for anything in return for the love you give.
Now, let us present to you, the Winning Video: